ladybird06

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Answering Maia’s post: “A little complain”

This post could be a comment to Maia’s post “A little complain”. In fact, it was going to be a comment but finally I have thought the topic deserves a post.

Well, probably the problem at RENFE is more serious than we think. The fact is they have had 14 serious problems in 22 days!!! And RENFE’s legal representatives say that it is because of the AVE works. Do you believe them? I DON´T. Only two or three of the problems have been because of the AVE works. The other problems have probably been because of sabotages because of the working conditions. Do people know that RENFE is subcontrating many of the tasks done by RENFE workers? RENFE workers who sold tickets have been replaced by other workers from other company different than RENFE, making the same work but earning a lower salary. RENFE train drivers have worse conditions everyday, and so on.

IBERIA had a similar problem this last summer. Everybody was protesting because they could not take a plain to go on holidays because of IBERIA worker´s strike. Does anybody know why did they decide to stop working? Does anybody know those people were fighting for their work?…

I know, we, people in general, are the ones who suffer RENFE delays, IBERIA cancelations, TELEFONICA problems, CORREOS postal problems, etc… but we have to remember all those companies, and many others, are Spanish companies which contribute on Spanish economy. Those companies are being invaded by foreing companies which offer worse working conditions and which contribute on the economy of the countries where they come from, not in our economy (just take a look on Argentina’s economy for an example!).

So my conclusion is… Let´s try to understand to working class problems, specially because most of us belong to this class and tomorrow, who knows, you can have a similar problem than RENFE or IBERIA or other company has.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ladybird,

    very interesting and well done post.
    I agree with you. Sometimes big companies seem more interested in make money rather than offer good service and help improving people lifes.

    Probably, this things we see are only the tip of the iceberg.

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Pumuky's & CO. said…

    Hello!
    I chose your blog because I think your writings motivate to thinking about you tell and it's important to to keep active the blog.
    About your last writting I wolud say we would have to be capable of studying every problem inside the context in which it's given and in this way we'd be able to give a valuation. But it's very difficult, each one we are affected of different form and this is only the important for us, not the external things or events.

     
  • At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're such a productive writer, my dear ladybird, that we cannot follow your pace. Give us some time to read you deeply, and to write comments now and then.
    Sometimes we read, I'd say we read a lot but writing a comment requires that moment of energy we sometimes lack. I do not know what's your job... I bet you! mine leaves me with very little time but I read you every time you post a piece of writing, as I do with all the others. I assure you!

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Nuria Vidal said…

    My! I never thought it could be so complicated. These kind of problems truly deserve a close attention.
    You are so active, it's difficult to comment all your posts.
    thanks for visiting me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home