ladybird06

Monday, November 06, 2006

About death...

Today, while I was reading “The curious incident of the dog in the night-time”, I have read a very beautiful paragraph about death.

… But Mother was cremated. This means that she was put into a coffin and burnt and ground up and turned into ash and smoke. I do not know what happens to the ash and I couldn´t ask at the crematorium because I didn´t go to the funeral. But the smoke goes out the chimney and into the air and sometimes I look up into the sky and I think that there are molecules of Mother up there…

I’ve never thought about death from that point of view so, while I was reading the book, I have remembered about the beautiful idea of breathing molecules of loved people who have passed away and then, I have discovered my eyes were wet. Chapter 61 is a very deep chapter, talking about death and I agree with many of the things explained on it.

... – I think people believe in heaven because they don´t like the idea of dying…

What is heaven?, Where is heaven? . I believe we have created the idea of Heaven because we don´t know what happens when we die and Heaven is the answer to that fare of the unknown.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ladybird,

    very interesting post. It is beatiful how the main character of the book explains what he understands about death.

    Personally, I agree with him. Human have created the Heaven idea because as we don't know what happens once we have dead but, we know dead people don't live anymore, and this can be terrifying, we need to believe in something which make us feel secure meanwhile we live.

    And I agree with him we are, basically, nothing else but atoms we have borrowed from Universe, maybe life is a great chance, but at the same time something fantastic, marvelous.
    But this is only my personal opinon.

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger Pumuky's & CO. said…

    I agree with you. It’s incredible as such a simple way of describing the things by the protagonist and his sincerity they are capable of giving descriptions like this, which makes us think about every topic of he treats. One of them is the death. For him the death isn’t to separate of the person that you love, it’s another form of supporting a contact different with her/him, even a more intense contact. The Heaven is only an invention to be able to have a certain reference of what happens after our lives.

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I disagree with blog writer. I think that humans have created the heaven as a manner of exploit the fear of the death and get resources

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a nice and moving reflection on these bits of the book! I am glad someone has started!!!
    I certainly find it interesting and amusing too!

    Your English is really good but I'd like to comment a couple of things.

    You say:
    -we don´t know what happen
    -the answer to that scare about the unknown. (scare may be a noun but I would not use it the way you do)
    I'd say:
    - we don´t know what happenS
    -the answer to that fear of the unknown.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with you Eddie_IM, Heaven, and in particular Christianity were created definitely in orther to control society I think.

    But there are more religions and believes which believes in Heaven, in another live, and not to control or get resources, only because is their way of believe. That is what I said "Heaven as an idea because as we (humans) don't know what happens once we have dead" for.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home